Bronzemurder vs. Oggez Rashas: An Illustrated Tale Out of Dwarf Fortress

An amazing illustrated account of Dwarf Fortress.

Let me add that I have gotten partly through the detailed tutorial, may never actually play this game, but I still enjoy the stories it generates…and this is beautifully illustrated as well.

6 Responses to “Bronzemurder vs. Oggez Rashas: An Illustrated Tale Out of Dwarf Fortress”

1. marc says:

Well, it is how I make a living. I try to play as many as I can without burning out.

2. marc says:

You know, you can go see Hal Robins (Dr Kleiner) in San Francisco. He performs in nightclubs as Dr. Howl. I’ll see if I can find some links for upcoming shows and post them here. If you liked that Tenderloin article about Fritz Leiber, I’m happy to say that “Horrible Imaginings,” the story I wrote about, is finally in print again: Fritz Leiber, Selected Stories, edited by Jonathan Strahan and Charlie Brown, is just out from Nightshade; it’s a cornerstone story in the collection.

3. marc says:

I don’t require stories of all games. Enjoying the world counts for a lot, and sometimes that’s purely the result of atmosphere. Right now I’m just getting into Monster Hunter Tri, for instance; there’s really no story to speak of. Cool cats, big monsters, obscurely rewarding grinding.

4. marc says:

Hal used to stand on the deck of the ship that drove around Burning Man, reciting Ancient Mariner while people dined. I think the ship hit and killed someone and the drive/sails may have stopped.

5. celestica says:

did you come up with g-man? what inspired him?

6. marc says:

Hi, I can’t answer Valve related questions on my personal website. Sorry.